Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A great weekend in Seattle!



























We just returned from a wonderful weekend in Seattle and Payton's first road trip :) It was definitely a new experience to pack for a family...Ryan and me, the dog, and the baby, but it was well worth it. Gramma and Grampa Wilson got to spend a lot of quality time holding their Grandson (especially when he was crying as mom was nowhere to be seen..ha ha). Winston spent his weekend terrorizing his Aunties (the Bassett Hounds, Margie and Morning). Uncle Jim got to meet his nephew as well! Check out the pic of Gramma with Payton looking at her...she was sooo helpful! Nothing like having Mom, who I have MUCH RESPECT for, to help out.

We also spent some quality time with our great friends at Matt and Darcy's pad. Payton did great until about 8 pm when he got quite fussy. It was sooo nice to see everyone and I got to drink a beer! I've been craving a fizzy beer for months. Yum. I included a fun pic of my girls and a great one of Paige with Payton. Love you guys!

Payton also met his Auntie Elma on Sunday and his Auntie Shane on Monday :) All in all it was a GREAT trip and we can't wait to come back soon. Sequim is where we are planted but the City does have a lot to offer...like TARGET!

As for news on Payton, I think we had a breakthrough or perhaps a 'duh' moment that we figured out. He's not getting enough to eat! My lactation specialist kept saying that he needed 60 CCs of milk (2 ounces) but he was always so fussy after an hour of breastfeeding so we fed him as much as he could drink last night (about 80 CCs) and EUREKA, he fell right asleep with a little smile on his face. He still woke up every 2 hours last night and I continued to feed him extra, and then he'd go right back to bed. AND, he slept all nigth in his cradle for the first time. This is very encouraging to me and I know he's just going to keep gaining weight. Of course, I will track his progress here!

Well, that's it for now. Happy Tuesday!
Shannon

No comments: