Monday, February 23, 2009

I can't believe 'Da Da' is really his first word!

So Payton finally said his first word and it was NOT 'ma ma.' After all those lessons, he just blurted out 'da da.' Sigh. But yes, that was Payton's first word at 10.5 months. He is totally babbling and new sounds come out of his mouth every day. I tried to capture some of it on video but it doesn't do the babbles much justice.

Last week was rough as Payton had, what I consider, his true first sickness. He has had a bad cough for over a week and we finally went to the doctor where he was diagnosed with a double ear infection and a bad cold. Luckily it didn't turn into pneumonia which I was worried about because of the sound of his cough. He continues to get better each day, which is more than I can say for myself. I know I have a sinus infection which means another visit to the doctor. I did learn that the paper they put on the tables you sit on in the doctor's office are GREAT entertainment for babies :)

My mom came over this weekend and of course it was wonderful to have her here and have her help. I was sick so I got to rest as much as I needed to. I had a long list of stuff I wanted to accomplishment but sleep won out. Oh well, I'll knock it all out at some point.

We are headed to Hawaii in less than two weeks. That means 10 days without my little man and I am pretty wigged out over it. I know he'll be in fabulous hands but he is changing so much that I'm totally scared he's going to take his first steps while we are gone! He seems to have a lot of his 'firsts' at Gramma's house. But I just can't pass up 10 days in paradise to see my dear friend get married. Plus, what a great investment in our marriage! I'll be sure to post pics.

Back to Payton, I will say that 10 months is by far my favorite time so far. Pea is so funny and I get multiple belly laughs a day from him. He is starting to point at things, and he can stand for about 3 seconds on his own. And just tonight he had pulled pork for the first time..I had to cut him off because he kept wanting more and more. Needless to say he's a GREAT eater.

I'll post some pics tomorrow but here's a video of him babbling, pointing, standing, high-fiving, and waving (the wrong way).

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHH!!!I love it! Beautiful, adorable! My baby nephew! I'm so proud of you guys! I love you! Thats made me smile so big. I cannot wait to see him next! =)