Thursday, March 19, 2009

Who knew?

After all the hours spent pumping, wearing nursing tanks every day, getting up in the middle of the night to comfort, buying nursing pads and lotion....I am having a very hard time coming to grips with the fact that Payton doesn't want to nurse any more. I guess I never realized how unique and special it was until it's gone. It might seem silly or overemotional to some but to a new mom, it's another milestone that has passed and will never be again. I suppose I should get all the hugs and kisses I can in now because soon he's not even going to want Mom around! Sigh.
Payton's 1st birthday is going to be so bittersweet.

Here's my most favorite picture of Pea at the moment (thanks Auntie E):

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That's just amazing! oh man!

Anonymous said...

what if i have an ugly baby??? i'm never gonna live up to how cute Payton is! ;)