Saturday, May 23, 2009

On the move





Payton is on the move for sure! We spend most of our time chasing after him, but it's such a hoot to watch him waddle to and fro that we don't really mind :) He is doing so many cute things these days that it's hard to really capture everything, but here's a quick list:

1) He now 'signs' when he wants his 'ba ba' (bottle). He puts his fist to his mouth about three times.

2) When the rooster crows (which is pretty much about every 15 minutes starting at 4 am), Payton tries to mimic him. He make sort of a 'oo oo' sound. Oh, we named the Rooster Hector. It totally fits.

3) He throws his hands up in the air when he hears music. And he does not discriminate. I turned the TV channel to 915, which I thought was the Christian station, but it ended up being a heavy metal station. As I was cringing and trying to find a better choice, I looked over and Payton was totally rockin' out. I wish I could have caught that on film. So funny (i think!).

4) He is starting to place objects into boxes or compartments. There is a little box type of thing on his music table with a lid and I saw him placing one of his little cars into it and then closing the lid. Then he'd open it, remove it, then place it back in there, and close it again. And again. And again. Apparently kids love repitition :)

5) He waves at cars, moving or not.
6) If you put him in front of a door, he will knock on it.

7) He knows how to go down the stairs backwards by himself.

8) The other day he tooted in the bathtub and absolutely cracked up. ah, such a boy.

I could go on, of course, but Ill save that for the next post.

The rest of us are great! We are loving the sunshine in Sequim and spend most of our time outdoors. We hope to go hiking to the Elwha River on Monday so will definitely take pics if we do that.
Speaking of pics, here are some from today. Pea loves to chew on the top of the Tylenol lid (don't worry, it's empty).


And here's a cute pic of Pea outside hanging out with his buddy Mason (they had a playdate today). Mason and Pea have the exact same chill temperament so it was great fun. Look at his blonde hair!

Here's a pic of Payton drinking out of Mason's cup and vice versa. They both cried when you tried to switch. So funny.

Oh, sorry. Yes, Winston is still the same. Trying to get you to chase him with a toy 24/7.
But he is so good with Pea...they have a blast together, can't you tell?





No comments: