Saturday, April 18, 2009

A 'Summer' Day

I'm typing this before I go upstairs and fall into bed but I just had to share about the fun day we had here on the Peninsula. We went hiking with the Moores out on Lake Crescent to this little area called the 'Devil's Punch Bowl' (who knows why) and the water was spectacular! It was this sort of dark turquoise color and I was taken aback by the beauty that lies in my backyard! I really need to get out more. Payton loved being outside (of course) and although we were sad we couldn't take Winnie with us (no dogs allowed), I hope to go back soon!

We then came back to our place and had breakfast for dinner: eggs, chicken sausages, French toast, and Mimosas. It was actually really sunny day all around so we ended the night sitting outside on a blanket playing Payton's toy instruments while Ryan hit the tennis ball across the field for the dogs to chase.

Winnie is EXHAUSTED now that Sophie has gone home to her rightful owners.
Here are the 'boys' in charge of the 'kids'


Walking across the bridge at 'Devil's Punch Bowl.'

That's Lake Crescent behind us. I wish it showed how pretty the water was.



I got a little taste of summer today and I want more!

No comments: